Through Symbion and our partner organizations, we have a robust network of operational facilities across the globe to support our projects.
Symbion Power Tanzania
- Since 2010, Symbion's IPP business has owned and operated three thermal power plants in Tanzania and is currently developing a 600 MW plant in Mtwara as a public-private partnership with the government-owned electricity utility, TANESCO.
Symbion Power Nigeria
- Symbion co-owned 972 MW of generation assets in Nigeria, with plans for further expansion in West Africa.
Symbion Power Kenya
- As part of an international consortium, Symbion has signed a power purchase agreement (PPA) and a project implementation and steam supply agreement to build, own, and operate a 35 MW geothermal plant in Kenya.
Symbion Power Rwanda
- Symbion has signed a PPA to build, own, and operate a 50 MW methane gas-to-power plant in Rwanda on Lake Kivu.
Symbion Power Madagascar
- Symbion has signed a protocol d'accord with the president of Madagascar to develop seven new power projects as well as for the rehabilitation of an existing 40 MW power plant.
Symbion Power Uganda
- Symbion has entered into a partnership to develop a 33 MW peat-to-power generation facility in Uganda.